2012: Doomsday is a drama starring Dale Midkiff as Dr. Frank Richards, Cliff De Young as Lloyd, Ami Dolenz as Susan, and Danae Nason as Sarah. Lloyd has discovered the world is about to be subjected to an extreme climate change due to a gravitational pull by a black hole.
But in reality the extreme climate change is an ancient prophecy that is about to be fulfilled. 2012: Doomsday is extremely boring. I rented it because I thought it was going to be an action packed natural disaster destruction movie. I guess I should have paid more attention to the box cover because the movie is a Modern Christian retelling of the rapture which isn't necessarily bad if it wouldn't have been so boring. I actually like Christian movies.
I really enjoyed the Left Behind series but 2012: Doomsday is just so boring and not at all comparable to other great Christian movies.The movie flips around between three central groups. Dr. Frank Richards has found a golden crucifix that he must use to unlock a room in an ancient temple. His ex-wife accompanies him but dies along the way. Sarah is a missionary in Mexico who escorts a pregnant woman to the temple.
She is accompanied by Alex, a photographer, but he dies along the way too. Susan is a paramedic in California who is drawn to the Mexico because of childhood dreams so she travels to Mexico with her mother. Her mother disappears along the way, assumed to be taken the Rapture. Lloyd drives to Mexico to find his daughter Sarah and picks up Susan along the way. So they all meet each other, reach the temple, and accomplish their goal of seeing the pregnant woman's baby born. The movie never technically says the baby is "Jesus" but it sure implies it.
That is my main gripe with the plot. Jesus doesn't need to be reborn again. He has already been born once and that is enough. Wouldn't that make the baby the antichrist? I think the writer needs to read Revelations again.
No comments:
Post a Comment